Malaysia is a federal constitutional monarchy in Southeast Asia. It consists of thirteen states and three federal territories and has a total landmass of 329,847 square kilometres (127,350 sq mi) separated by the South China Sea into two similarly sized regions, Peninsular Malaysia and Malaysian Borneo. Land borders are shared with Thailand, Indonesia, and Brunei, and maritime borders exist with Singapore, Vietnam, and the Philippines. The capital city is Kuala Lumpur, while Putrajaya is the seat of the federal government. Malaysia has been a destination for students from Asia pacific to study medicine..
Medical Schools in Malaysia generally offer a five-year undergraduate program for future doctors. Medical Educationin Malaysia is offered by institutions, few of which are foreign owned / Malaysian campuses of foreign universities. This includes few run by Indian managements like Melaka Manipal Medical College, Melaka.
Entry to the medical schools is competitive. Courses last five or six years. The medical program is usually divided into 3 phases. Phase 1 consists of the first two years of the programme involving integrated teaching and learning of the relevant basic medical sciences. Phase II (Year 3) and Phase III (Year 4 and Year 5) involves clinical skills development and subsequently consolidation of clinical clerkship in the various clinical disciplines.
Why study MBBS in malaysia?
- All institutes are recognized by WHO, UNESCO and MCI.
- Lots of Indian students are studying MBBS in Malaysia.
- Top universities.
- No donation / capitation fees.
- Only 3.5 hours flying hours from India
- LEADS takes care of entire process for students from all over India.
- State of the art campuses, fully equipped labs, and ultra modern learning facilities.
- Extensive exposure to clinical practice and research due to multi bedded hospitals.
- Low cost of living making the stay economical and comforting.