WHY STUDY IN UK?
- International education hub for more than 100 years
- Easy Visa rules for international students
- Diverse range of courses with wide range of specialisations
- Sandwich bachelors with 1 year Industry placement
- No permission required from the job centre for International students studying at UK institutions to undertake spare time or vacation work
- Free health insurance for students studying in UK for six months or more
UK EDUCATION SYSTEM
The UK education system is amongst the oldest in the world. Students who study in UK can get to learn at historical universities which have been set up by the royal family of Great Britain or by a Papal decree from the Catholic Church. Universities in UK comprise of a number of different faculties and colleges, each of which confer degrees in various subjects to students.
The higher education imparting bodies in the UK are
- Institutions of higher education.
English Language Requirements
|Programs||English Test Score|
|Diploma programs||IELTS – Overall band score of 5.0 with no band less than 5.0
PTE – Overall 45; no less than 36
|Bachelor’s Degree||IELTS – Overall band score of 6.0,
no less than 5.5 PTE – Overall 50; no less than 45
|Master Programs||IELTS – Overall band score of 6.5;
no less than 6.0 PTE – Overall 6.5; no less than 50
- Major intake – September / October
- Other Intakes – Jan / Feb, May few Universities offer rolling intakes as well
It is expected that the students should have sufficient source of funding arranged to complete the course.
• Living Expenses for London based universities approx.GBP 7200
• Living Expenses for Universities based outside London approx. GBP 5400
This includes accommodation, Food, Travel, mobile and personal expenditures of the student.
- Undergraduate students – GBP 8000 – GBP 12000
- Post graduate programs – GBP 8000 – GBP 12000 pa
- MBA program – GBP 9000 – GBP 15000
International students who wish to study in UK can work for 20 hrs per week and full time during holiday. The hourly pay for on campus job varies from £8 to £9 per hour. Spouse of the student can also work if the duration of the course is more than 1 year.
UKBA has introduced Tier 2 of point based system whereby student who graduates from UK University will be able to take graduate level job in the UK with the registered companies earning a minimum of £ 21000 a year . After completion of course students are allowed to stay for a period of 4 months in order to secure a permanent job for £21000 pa or more to be eligible for work permit.
UK admission is a 2 stage process.
Students need to apply with all relevant documentation – application forms, academic documents work experience where applicable and passport. (For a detailed list please contact any of our offices). Admission process takes about 1 to 2 weeks.
After confirmation students are required to pay 1 term (6 months) fee. On receipt of fees students get CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies ) which can be used for visa filing. It is desirable to apply 2 to 3 months before the start of the program.
UK visa is an online submission followed by physical submission along with detailed academic and financial documentation. (for a detailed list visit any of our offices). Candidate has to personally submit the visa application. Visa interview and medicals are introduced recently. The complete process generally takes about 3 weeks.