New Zealand education is recognized all across the world. The cost of living is much lower as compared to the other countries promoting higher education. Traditionally based on the British Model, the university learning system is research based which ensures a high quality learning experience.
New Zealand has always been internationally recognized for its excellent education standards and for training high quality teachers, which makes it rather a given fact that the institutions in New Zealand provide one of the best world class teaching faculties. Apart from this, New Zealand also has a high quality of amenities and research facilities for its students.
WHY STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND?
- World’s most recognised education system
- Perfect balance in theoretical and practical modules focused on industry centric training
- Qualifications widely recognized and respected internationally
- Cost of education is cheaper as compared to US/ Europe
- Fee payment only on visa approval
- Cost effective industry endorsed programs for engineers
- Hospitality programs with paid internships
- Skill shortage across various sectors therefore high demand for fresh graduates
- Temperate climate with pleasant seasonal changes conducive for study and recreation.
- Large numbers of Indians has migrated in the last 10 years and have been successful.
- High Student Visas as compared to countries like the US
- No personal interview and No outright visa rejection
- Work permit for Spouse
The qualifications of New Zealand are issued and administered by New Zealand qualifications Authority (NZQA). The education system of New Zealand includes
There are 8 government-funded universities in New Zealand which is open to anyone who meets the common entrance qualification prescribed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
There are 20 polytechnics called as Institutes of Technology offer a wide range of courses.
Private Training Institutions
There are over 800 private education providers, offering short-term English language courses for international students.
Types of degree
Undergraduate Study (4 Year)
Graduate Study (1/2 Year)
Diploma/PG Diploma (Level 5/6/7/8/9)
IELTS scores as a proof of English Proficiency.
- Diploma programs: Overall band score of 5.5 with no band less than 5.0
- Bachelor’s Degree: Overall band score of 6.0
- Graduate Diploma: Overall band score of 6.0
- Master Programs: Overall band score of 6.5
- Main Intakes – February and September
- Other Intakes – May, July, November
NZD 15,000 for one year.
- Undergraduate students – NZD 14,000 to NZD 19,000 pa
- Post graduate programs – NZD 12,000 to NZD 20,000 pa (upto NZD 24,000 pa for management courses)
Admission process is very easy. A Student needs to submit application form, relevant fees and past academic documents along with English Proficiency certificate. For a detailed list of documents please contact our offices. Admission in New Zealand takes about 1 to 2 weeks for private institutions, 3 to 4 weeks for polytechnics and 8 to 12 weeks for universities. It is desirable to apply 2 to 4 months before the start of the program.
The academic year is from mid / late February to early November and most Universities have 2 semesters with a holiday of 4 weeks in June. Each University operates slightly different dates and some also offer summer school in the main holiday period in November to February.
International students enrolled in a study program are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year. Students can work full time (40 hrs) only during the summer holidays.
After completion of studies students can apply for a 1 year graduate job search visa if they do not have an immediate job in hand or a 2 to 3 year work visa if they have a employment relevant to the field of study provided they have completed either advanced diploma or PG diploma in 1 year or diploma for 2 years.
Processing time for visa is about 3 to 6 weeks. The visa officer will conduct a check of all the documents submitted like education certificates, financial documents and work experience documents. (For a detailed list please contact any of our offices.) Some students may be required to attend a telephonic interview with at New Zealand High Commission, New Delhi or provide further information to enable the visa officer to make a decision.
Once the visa officer is convinced and all the requirements have been met, students will be advised in writing that their application has been approved in principle. Students will be given a month to submit the following documents – Fee receipts issued by the New Zealand Education Institute and any other specific requirement .
The visa will be issued not earlier than 14 to 21 working days prior to course commencement. The student visa will be valid for a period in proportion to the duration of the fee paid. If a student pays fees for the entire duration of the course then visa is issued for the full term of the study.